Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 10 of 365: 

Here is another late pin...I had great plans for blogging Friday night but after I drank today's pin, I put a movie on and passed out! That Warm Bodies was actually entertaining, it had a strange twist on the typical "zombie". The hubby and I also watched Admission with Tina Fey and Paul Rudd- not. funny. at. all. I enjoyed it but I was expecting a comedy. (BTW Comcast is offering a free preview of HBO, so we were checking out some free movies while they last) Ok, on to today's pin- a drink recipe called Red Wine Clementine Spritzers! Delicious!! Might be my new favorite drink. 


Clementine and Red Wine Spritzers

makes 4 cocktails


1 bottle red wine (anything light to medium boxy, unoaked, not super sweet) 
2 bottled clementine soda (I used Izze)
ice and straws

Fill each glass with ice. Fill each glass a third of the way full with clementine soda. Top with wine and serve immediately! 

The picture from where the pin originated (joythebaker) shows a clear distinction from the clementine soda and red wine.  I found it was hard to pour the drink and not have it mix. I also used Cabernet Sauvignon instead of the wine in the original recipe and it was perfect. I will be experimenting in the future with different Izze sodas and different wines. It's like an instant sangria. Yum!

***21 Day Organization Challenge Update***
Day 10: bedroom closet

I've been working on this area since I started this challenge. I knew it would take me way more that a day to organize. Sadly, I only organized my half of the closet. My hubby has been working a lot and hasn't had time to really go through his things. 

I did not take photos but I can tell you some things I did. 
1. I used my new scarf organizer to get rid of some clutter
2. I hung boots on pant hangers (see Day 11's post)
3. I finally removed all maternity clothes from my closet and stored them for future use 
4. I separated my clothes-tanks, short sleeved, long sleeved, pants, skirts, dresses
5. I used bins to store things that are less frequently used: holiday socks, winter gear (hats, gloves, etc., some jewelry, shoes, bags, etc.
6. I donated a bag full of clothes that I no longer wear

I'd consider this a successful Friday! Talk to you tomorrow!    

No comments:

Post a Comment