Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 13 of 365: Baked Turkey Wings

Now that baby G is 9 months old he is trying so many new foods. He just tried chicken for that last three days so it is time to try turkey. I didn't want to make an entire turkey, we would be eating turkey for days. So I went in search of turkey breast at our local grocery store, Berkots. They only have turkey wings, legs and thighs so I went for the wings. I found a recipe for Turkey wings on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try. I'm not going to lie, turkey wings are huge and look very intimidating. The recipe was actually really easy and tasty. I only cooked 2 turkey wings and it was plenty of food for they hubby and me.

This is the only picture I took, right before it went in the oven.
 
4 turkey wings
3 tablespoons seasoning salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 14-ounce can of low fat/low sodium cream of celery soup
1 sliced onion
 
Directions:
1. Wash wings under cold water. Pat dry.
2. Combine seasoning: salt, pepper, and garlic. Season wings with mixture and set aside.
3. In a large roasting pan, add the cream of celery soup and 1/2 cup of water and mix together.
4. Place the seasoned turkey wings into the roasting pan so each is partly submerged in the soup.
5. Add onions on top.
6. Cover the dish with foil or lid.
7. Bake at 375 for an hour and 30 minutes, turning the wings halfway through.
 
The original recipe from Miss Robbie said to cook for only 1 hour, but the reviews said that wasn't enough time. 1 1/2 hours seemed to be perfect for my oven. I served with a side of steamed broccoli and stuffing.

***21 Day Organizational Challenge Update***

Day 13: Linen Closet

I didn't need to do much to organize my linen "closet". I separated the sheets and pillow cases and the beach towels and put them on the highest shelf. I also took out the kitchen towels and put them in the kitchen (duh!) to free up room for things like toilet paper.

Here's our linen "closet"
Well, talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment