Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 14 of 365: Name Graph

I have pinned quite a few teaching ideas and I am always looking for new fun ideas for my students. I started math tutoring recently and I saw this name graph idea and thought it would be perfect. When I introduced the idea to my students they were super excited. They really like being creative and this project allows for them to create their own unique "picture". Because my students need constant practice with perimeter and area I tied that idea in with the project. Here are a couple examples:



















 
There are many things you could have students do with this name graph project: coordinate graphing, perimeter, area, symmetry, transformations, etc. If you use this in your classroom and have other ideas please share!

***21 Day Organizational Project Update***

Day 14: Backyard

Well, we just got another 2 inches of snow and my backyard consists of a 9 x 9 foot patio, I can't really organize anything today. I do have a container garden that I will need to fix up once spring comes. I will have to add another thing to the spring list: garage and backyard.

Well talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment