Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4 of 365:

I am really not looking forward to going back to work after my two week vacation. I will really miss spending my days with the little one! I am really having fun with baby G. He is doing new things everyday; a few days ago he started waving hello! He is also super snuggly before and after his naps!! I'm also going to miss getting 8 hours (although broken up) of sleep and watching marathons of TV shows. Ok, I'm done. I know I'm lucky that I get randoms days off and week long vacations throughout the year. It is one of the perks of being a teacher.

Today's pin is for the hubby. He is always having to buy new white T-shirts because the armpits get yellow stains (even the shirts that claim to be stain resistant). I saw this last summer and haven't made time to try this. It seemed easy enough and wouldn't take me all day to complete and I need to wash the whites before going back to work. So this is a perfect pin for today.

Pin Number 4: Remove Yellow Armpit Stains

This is from onegoodthingbyjillee.com. This calls for one part Dawn dishwashing detergent and two parts hydrogen peroxide. I used Palmolive with OxiClean. Jillee mentioned that she added some baking soda as a scrubbing agent.

You Need:
-Dawn dishwashing detergent
-Hydrogen Peroxide
-Baking soda
-Scrub brush
-Stained white tees

Directions:
1. Mix together one part Dawn with two parts hydrogen peroxide and a sprinkle of baking soda.
2. Pour on stained area of the T-shirt.
3. Scrub with brush to mix in the stain remover.
4. Wait one hour and wash as usual.

So after the T-shirts were washed and dried they look much better! They aren't perfect but they are noticably whiter! See for yourself. Looks like I'll be busy scrubbing the rest of his white T-shirts.

     Before Pictures:                                               













After Pictures:




***21 Day Organization Challenge Update***
 
Day 4: Laundry Room
My laundry room is also my linen closet which is mentioned on day 13, so I am just organizing half. I took bins from the dollar store and used them to store items that were scattered in the cabinet. I made one for candles and air fresheners and one for light bulbs and flash lights. I also went through the cleaning supplies and organized them based on their purpose. Bathroom cleaners, dusting, and laudry supplies were all grouped together. Also the hubby hung a iron holder a few months ago and they helped to free up cabinet space. We got the wall mount from Ikea. So far I am really enjoying having my house organized. I can't wait for the closet day!

The cleaning supply cabinet
Iron holder from Ikea


Bins from the Dollar store
Have a great Saturday!! Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment