Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2 of 365:

Well I made it past day 1! I had a great New Year's Eve and Day with my family. Gotta love family game night and quality time with baby G and the hubby.

Pin number 2: Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken

So I tried a recipe I've had pinned for a while. I made some changes from the original recipe posted by Rachel's Nest. You can get to her blog by clicking on the link to the pin.

 
Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 sweet onion, chopped into large pieces*
4 chopped garlic cloves (I used prechopped garlic)
1/2 C soy sauce (I used low sodium)
1/2 C ketchup
1/2 C honey
1/2 C chicken stock*
1 tsp. basil
1 Tbs. brown sugar*
salt & pepper to taste
*added to the original recipe: I added the onion for flavor, the chicken stock because many comments on the other blog said the chicken was dry, and brown sugar because it was recommended by readers of the other blog.
 
1. Cut chicken breats in half and sprinkle with salt and pepper and place at the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Put onion on top of the chicken in the crockpot.
3. Mix together the garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, chicken stock, basil and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken and onion.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours (I cooked mine for 6 1/2 hours on low and with the addition of the chicken broth, the chicken came out juicy)
5. Remove chicken from crock pot and transfer to covered plate to keep warm. Reduce the sauce in a pot until thickened to desired consistency. Serve sauce over chicken.
  
I served my chicken with brown rice and steamed broccoli. Hubby liked the chicken, but did say it was not his favorite. I thougth it was tasty and I liked how easy it was to prepare. Baby G ate the broccoli and surprisingly he was a fan!!

 

***21 Day Organizational Challenge Update***


Here is the before pic
Day 2: Coat Closet 
We don't have a coat closet but we do have an area by the front door designated for coats and purses. I am glad this is on the list because we had guests over for New Year's Eve and we had to lay their coats on the stairs because we didn't have room on our coat rack. (Crazy because there are 2 1/2 of us and there are 6 hooks on the rack)

We put our 5!! spring jackets in our closet and I took a basket I wasn't using and put extra hats and gloves in there.

Some exciting news: I found my D & G sunglasses and my favorite chap stick in one of my jacket pockets!!
 

Here is the after pic
I took the picture so you could see the basket with extra hats and gloves. Luckily I have an end table with a perfect shelf for the basket. I had my mom and her bf over for dinner and they were able to hang up their coats!! :)

Well that's all for today! Talk to you tomorrow.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment