Wednesday, January 22, 2014


Day 16 of 365: Teething Biscuits

For today's post, I made teething biscuits original from imprintalish.com because baby G is teething so bad. I am pretty sure he is going to wake up one morning with 4 more teeth any day now. He has been chewing on everything and anything: table legs, his feet, my arm (ouch!), you name it he probably tried to chew on it.

Homemade Teething Biscuits

1 cup flour
1 cup dry infant oatmeal or rice cereal
1 ripe medium mashed banana (1/3 cup-you can substitute pureed carrots, sweet potato, natural apple sauce, etc.)
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons water

Makes about a dozen, depending on how big of shapes you use.
-Preheat oven to 425ºF. In a bowl, mix together flour, cereal and cinnamon.
-Add in oil, banana and water. Mix until dough comes together to form a firm, non-sticky dough. I added a tablespoon of apple sauce because my mix was still dry in areas.
-On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out about 1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes.
-Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly brown. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Baby G enjoying his treat!
Enjoy!

I do have to say that I will wait until baby G has more teeth and is able to actually chew these because he would be fine for the first 5 minutes and then a bigger chunk would break off and he would (gross) gag on it and scare me and the hubby beyond belief. He seems to love the taste of them but we are waiting a few weeks before we try them again.
**UPDATE** These teething biscuits are great dog treats! I ended up giving my dog some of the stars because of baby G choking on them. Like I mentioned before, maybe when he's older.

***21 Day Organizational Challenge Update***

Day 16: Jewelry

This past summer I was inspired at Hobby Lobby to create my own jewelry holder using drawer knobs and pulls. I am not that handy but have a very hand grandpa so with my ideas and his skills this is what I have now:


I love how this keeps the jewelry off my dresser
but allows me to see what I have at a glance!
 
A drawer pull for rings
 
Another drawer pull for earrings
Well that's it for today, talk to you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. So, I'm curious to know why you picked the star shape for his teething biscuits? And can I try one ...wait, did you try one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was either the star or a dog biscuit cookie cutter! I did try them they were a little dry but not bad.

      Delete
  2. The star makes a lot of sense if you think about baby hands ...their ability to grip is still developing and the star fits nicely into their chubby little fingers. Baby G might just gag himself with the dog biscuit shaped one ~ good choice in picking the star. Now ...where's mine? You'll have to make me some Avocado puffs instead. They looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete