Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 23 Mini Chicken Pot Pies

Day 23 of 365: Mini Chicken Pot Pies

Having your best friend in New York is hard at times, but luckily she calls me often (I am terrible with calling people). It is great that every time we talk I feel like she never moved away and that we pick up where we left off. Anywho, the other day she got a moment away from the house and gave me a call...she WILLED me to answer the phone and I did :)! She was going to get more ingredients for these mini chicken pot pies and told me how easy they were to make. So I put them on my list of things to try and actually found a pin to go along with it.

I bought all the ingredients but waited awhile to make them because they required cooked chicken and I always thought about making them last minute and forgot to cook the chicken. Well during the second "cold day" I cooked the chicken in the afternoon and it was ready to go for that evening's dinner. I have a few complaints about them though. After cooking them for an additional 5 minutes than the recipe called for, the biscuits were still raw inside and the filling was not hot. I had quite a bit of filling left over so I just over filled the pot pies and I don't know if that cause it but I did not like that they were a little raw inside and not as hot as I would like. Other than that, they were delicious. I was told they needed a little flavor but I found a recipe that had seasoning and cheese in them. The hubby really liked them and had the left overs for lunch for a few days. So here is my first attempt at Mini Chicken Pot Pies:

 
Here's what you will need:
 
chicken breast, cooked and diced                       
(14.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup  
 
cup Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixed veggies                         
                   
cup shredded cheddar cheese            
                   
tablespoon Herbs De Provence (I used only a teaspoon and I used Italian seasoning)                    
                   
teaspoon onion powder       
                   
teaspoon garlic salt (I would do less because my filling was pretty salty            
                   
(10 oz) cans Pillsbury biscuits                        

Directions

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
              
In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs and spices.
 
 
Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place the Pillsbury biscuits into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.                            
 

Evenly spoon the pot pie mixture into each biscuit cup. Slide into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Check at the 12 minute mark.                             

 
Let rest for about 3 minutes and dig in!



I served these with cheddar rice. I wish I would have also had a salad. But it was a great weekday night meal.

Talk to you tomorrow!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment